Adala UK organised the screening of El Problema with the Development Studies programme at Birkbeck College. El Problema presents the history of the occupation of Western Sahara by Morocco and features testimonies by local human rights activists. The screening was be followed by a Q & A. Attendees also signed a petition asking for a fair trial for political prisoners who were arrested in connection with the Gdeim Izik camp in 2010.
- Adala UK condemns arbitrary detention of young Sahrawi Hamza Al Ansari
- The trial of the Gdiem Izik Group of Saharawi political prisoners is a clear example of the failings of the judicial system in the Kingdom of Morocco; a system that is neither just nor independent.
- Calls for the immediate release of soldier Ahmed Aliouat: victim of racism and an unfair trial
- Intimidation and repression of human rights defenders in Western Sahara reaching crisis point
- Moroccan authorities using electric shock weapons in Western Sahara
Documentary: Gdeim Izik Camp
La Badil (No Other Choice) – Western Sahara documentary
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
The Western Sahara Action Forum